Monday 24 May 2021

I told you so...

 Had a phone call from DM at about 8pm on Saturday evening wanting me to go over to Malton for half an hour to help as DF had nacked his ankle playing badminton the day before....words just failed me. She appeared to have no concept that its an hours drive each way and DD needs full time care. Anyway DP decided it was an opportunity for him to do his hero bit...I am being snide and bitchy but it was still very kind of him...and drove over to help for an hour or so. He then went back over on Sunday morning for a couple of hours. He is the only person in the house who had any chance of going, in that he has transport and theoretical free time. Not sure either of my parents have any idea how much they were asking.

If either of them had any sense they would take this as a wake up call...just like all their previous 'wake up calls' and sort some support in Malton...a carer for example who could be contacted in an emergency, or move into supported housing. But they won't and I will be getting further phone calls. Not sure what they think I can do...I don't have 4 or so hours free in any day...I had to stop going to the gym because the 2 hours it took was more than DD could cope with, so there is no way I can support them in any real way. DP will undoubtedly have to go on future occasions but he is working all week and will eventually, please God, be back out visiting places. I imagine it will take a total emergency when no one can drop everything and go over to make them see sense. 

I had planned going over next Monday as it's a Bank Holiday so DS1 will be home to keep an eye on cats and DD. DS2 will be at work so he's sorted. Not anyone's idea of a fun activity but has to be done...no signs so far of DB going to see them. As far as I've heard from DM its over a year since he last went to see them...can't say I blame him. I'd do the same if I could but it's not worth the vague feelings of guilt I'd get.

I'm just hoping they don't linger on too long... but I have every expectation they will both be around for years. DF in particular may well manage his century.

DP had to go back to the doctors to recheck his blood pressure as it was high when checked the previous week...surprise, surprise it was still high! Given the simmering bad mood he's in ALL THE TIME I'd be more surprised if his blood pressure wasn't high! Apparently one of his blood test results was also a bit high...so presumably he just needs extra meds. Though I can fantasise that he has something life threatening and I finally get rid! I am a bad person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment