Wednesday 11 November 2020

The year is slowly dragging towards its end

 Well the American election is over and Biden is now President...or will be in January.  Unfortunately they didn't take the Senate so all the damage Trump and the Republicans have done will stay but its good to know a nuclear war isn't going to be started because some man baby is having a tantrum!

We are back on lockdown which sucks as DS2 and DP are in the house 24/7 with no gym, football or rugby. Still it's not as bad as first time round as we have an end date at the beginning of December and DS1 is still able to go to work.

DD started therapy to help with her relationship to food. It is helping her approach food better but unfortunately it's not helping her weight and she is now too big for any of her clothes. Combining that with a flair she is having to take a break from Instagram, which is a massive shame as she was getting so good. Annoying too as she had only recently bought a new ...expensive...camera that I am still paying off. She has also bought a mass of new clothes...mostly custom ordered and so not cheap! It's typical though, pretty much the same happened last time she needed a break, and indeed the time before that!

She is struggling a lot at the moment ...she has very minimal energy so gets VERY bored as she's too tired to watch TV, or read, or play computer games...never mind actually doing any of her hobbies that she would actually enjoy. She has said, many times, that it's only knowing how hard Ruthie would take her death that keeps her from ending it all. 

DM still keeps going...miserable every time I speak to her and offensive pretty much every time as well. She will last for years, spite alone will keep her going. DF seems to be coping with her...I gather he's still managing to get out for walks occasionally and badminton when it's on, so he's happy.

A vaccine has been announced to the coronavirus which is fantastic news....hopefully the pandemic will be more controlled by next year and I can get DP out of the house again. Having him in the house all the time has not been fun!

I got my standard birthday present from my parents...flowers...usually they come from M&S and I entertain myself before the day deciding which of bouquets I'll be getting, the cheapest usually. Anyway this year I'm guessing my dad ordered them and he picked the cheapest flowers to be found on the internet...not M&S... and it showed! To compare the flowers my parents sent cost £15 including postage, the flowers my MIL sent will have cost £41 not including postage. My MIL remembers birthdays irregularly but as she's not my mum it's not a big deal. My parents are just unpleasantly cheap!

Its DS1's birthday today...he's already got cash...$40...from my MIL, his step Grandma has sent a card which arrived today and will undoubtedly contain £50 as it's what she always sends for birthdays. Nothing has arrived from my parents ...now a card could still arrive with Covid the post is having problems but even if they do remember it will be a card with £20...and they are definitely the ones with the most money. Given the fact they totally forgot DD's birthday it's not a given they remember DS1's birthday, I gave DF the benefit of the doubt for years and credited him with giving a damn and the spite just coming from DM. Now I'm not so sure, I still think the total self absorption is DM but DF is only fractionally better and does not really care about any of us. He has made it abundantly clear on many occasions that he values money more than me or the kids....DB may be different being male. DF is more misogynistic than I realised growing up...the 70's was not a good period and DF wasn't bad in comparison with the period but from the standpoint of today he's not great!.   

Update: well my parents did forget DS1's birthday and a card was sent that included £40, presumably by way of an apology. More interesting I have had a couple of extremely illuminating phone calls from DM. She has phoned more than once to check if she has forgotten a birthday...DP's and DS2's...when I mention DD she gets very unpleasant and snarls that she doesn't mean 'her'. The only explanation I can come up with is that DM intentionally ignored DD's birthday and then forgot that she'd 'forgotten'. With DS1's birthday she has now remembered she ignored DD's birthday and is desperately wanting me to tell her so, presumably so she can have a spite fest! She really is such a pathetic and unpleasant individual. I did wonder if she had 'forgotten' DS1's birthday but then DF had remembered it by some miracle...he is not good with dates and once memorably said that of course he knew when my birthday was, 'it was VE Day or VJ Day but he knew it was in May', my birthday is Remembrance Day!!

DS1 was very jealous that DD had her birthday purposely ignored by DM and wanted to know what her secret to success was. I'm guessing it's a combination of being sufficiently ill I need to care for her rather than being a position to pander to DM...not sure how that would work...other than in her fantasies...if I wasn't a carer I would be working full time so still have no capacity to fawn over DM. I also think DM is pissed off that neither DD or DS1 has paid her any attention for many years...as you sow so shall you reap!

Update 2: well guess who 'forgot' DD's birthday this year (2021) as well...my parents of course. Now this time my DF did remember about a 2-3 weeks late and phoned to aske me what he should do. I said just forget it DD hadn't mentioned it so probably hadn't even noticed....oh I can't tell you the hours I put into honing the perfect bitchy response...totally wasted on DF but it still felt good to finally say it. DF was fine with doing nothing... didn't feel any guilt at all. 

DM however obviously felt I hadn't been appreciative enough of the fact the birthday had ...eventually... been remembered and phoned to claim she had ordered some flowers from an unknown company that she couldn't remember the name of, or what she ordered never arrived. Total bullshit in my opinion.





No comments:

Post a Comment