Friday 18 October 2019

Autumn is a blessing

I really love Autumn. I love the colours, the fact it's cooler weather, the awesome damp vegetation smell you only get this time of year, the way the sunlight seems golden and misty all the time. Basically I love the whole thing. One of the best bits of driving DS1 to work every day is seeing the leaves turn more Autumny every day, the colours are stunning. I also get an amazing view of distant hills and trees at one bit that is life affirming. I am so blessed to live in such a lovely part of the world and get to experience Autumn every year.

I realise that's all a bit gushing but there is lots in my life that is less than good so its nice to have something that's so good and clean! DD is still deteriorating, her doctors appointment went well and she is finally getting some meds to help her nausea. She will also be getting some new pain meds but needs to reduce the dose of her current pain meds first, not easy as she is in permanent pain. We are filling in paperwork to get me power of attorney for her if she needs medical treatment and isn't capable of refusing. We need someone who isn't a member of the family to sign and I don't know anyone... that's a sad indictment of my life. Not that I would have asked J to sign even if i still saw her regularly, she has no boundaries and gets too involved in stuff that have nothing to do with her. She actually thought it was okay to tell DP and DS2 when she saw them recently that her son had been sacked for gross misconduct...I mean who shares that information!! Luckily DS1 has  friend who knew DD when they were all in school who is more than happy to sign for us.

DS1 is still finding his job hard going physically especially the days he has to come home on the bus...it's and hour and a half on the bus and that's just hard. Still he is much happier in himself, I had been getting very concerned about his depression and was obviously more anxious about him getting a job than I realised. He is lucky but he really deserves it and it's such a good fit for him.

DS2 is struggling with working 3 days. it's so emotionally exhausting for him he is being less than kind at home. Hopefully it will settle down in time but it's not fun currently.

'D'P has been away with work this week and it's staggering how little he is missed by anyone. He has so little interaction with any of us that we just don't miss him. It's really sad though I doubt he would believe it if anyone told him, I get the impression he sees himself a the centre of our world...well he is well onto the narcissistic spectrum!

Not heard from either of my parents since DM phoned to say she's got her birthday present, I won't say 'thanked' as she was basically snarky and borderline unpleasant about the books I got. She is sooo predictable.

Update: well DD has been taking her new pain meds for a couple of weeks now and the difference is amazing, She is no longer in constant pain and with the nausea meds she also has she actually has a life again. It really is fantastic for her. Now we will need to sort getting her a new power chair....she had thought a manual chair would work as she went out so very rarely but with her new lease of life she is even thinking about going back to doing fashion post again. The difference having a doctor who actually listens is unbelievable!


No comments:

Post a Comment