Monday 16 May 2016

DS2 is nearly a grown-up...in theory anyway!

DS2 will be 18 at the  end of the month. He is convinced that this will make him a grown up and that he will be able to do exactly what he wants and I won't be able to tell him what to do any more! He is sooo delusional. He may be 18 on the outside but he is maybe 8 on the inside if I am being generous.

For his 18th I sorted him changing his name so he now has a new middle name and his surname is now the same as me, DD and DS1. His original name was exactly the same as his first dad and for very valid reasons that never pleased him. His first comment when he got his new name finalised was 'now social services can't ever take me away'. I was really upset that he has obviously had a buried worry all these years that I've never noticed, poor little soul, I felt like the worlds nastiest mum! He will be pleased once things like his bank card get his new name on and his bus pass. I have sent out a pile of letters notifying people his name has changed so hopefully it will be changed soon.

I have also got DS2 a pile of Lego for his birthday, at his request. DS1 has sorted coming up from London for the day...its a nuisance for him but had to be done. As far as DS2 is concerned DS1 being there will over shadow everything else and totally make his day. We are keeping it a secret, not totally sure that's a good idea but DD and DS1 both want to surprise DS2 so I'm keeping my lips closed.

DD and DS1 have got DS2 some new trainers and a couple of shirts for his birthday which he will love...he is a completely vain and adores admiring how gorgeous he looks so loves new clothes. My mum tried to give DS2 a cheap second hand phone...my dads old phone which he lost and then found again after he'd replaced it...strangely enough DS2 refused the phone, he has an iPhone! So heaven only knows what my parents will give, for DS1's 21st they gave him £20 so they are not noted for their generosity...though to be fair they did give DS1 a lovely watch for his 18th and gave DD a pretty necklace for her 21st.

DP will presumably give absolutely nothing, just as he did for DS1 and DD's 18th, 21st and indeed every other birthday and Christmas! He doesn't even do cards...what a twat he is! He doesn't even bother asking what I give! Yet he still thinks of himself as the worlds most amazing parent, I would imagine if he was asked he would consider himself to be DS2's most important parent...important is the wrong word, though definitely DP's favourite way of thinking about himself. I imagine even he is not deluded enough to think he even has a relationship with DD. He won't have spoken to her in months, that's not having a conversation talking, that's saying 'good morning' talking. He won't have spoken a single word to her in months and hasn't had a conversation with her in years. He probably deludes himself into thinking he still has a relationship with DS1 as he still gets to collect him from Uni and drop him off after holidays...its only twice a year, collecting DS1 in June when he has to vacate his room and then taking him, and all his gear back in September. Still that's enough for DP, DS1 hates having to be in a car with DP but my car is really not big enough and DD is now so poorly I just can't leave her for a long day to drive down to London and back otherwise it would definitely be me collecting DS1.

No comments:

Post a Comment